Sunday, February 19, 2012

What?!?! I'm Starting Another Blog?!?!?

Yes!  Yes, I am.

My name is Renee.  I love photography.  I always have.  I received my very first camera in 1983 when I was nine years old from my Grandma and Papa.  It was that long flat kind - you know - the one that used that 110 film! :)  I still have some of the pictures I took from that very first camera! Maybe one day I will post them.  Since then, I have loved photography.  It has always been a passion.  A hobby.  Something I enjoy.  I have tons of scrapbooks.  Many photobooks.  Now I have tons of folders online with pictures.  You should see all of the pictures I have posted to my FB account!!
I have always wanted to be a better photographer.  I am completely "green" as some would say.  (That's the term we would give all of the new 'baby doctors' at my first nursing job in a teaching hospital.)  Anyway - that's what I am with this photography stuff.  GREEN.
My sweet husband recently bought me my very first "fancy camera".  It is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  My husband picked it out.  I love it! So far, I'm only using the "auto" settings on everything.  But I am really enjoying playing with it.  My goal is to read blogs and books to teach myself the art of photography.
I have also started practicing editing.  Again.  I'm green.  I just play with the pictures until I think they look cool :)  I have no idea what I'm doing, really.
But I am having SO. MUCH. FUN. with my new camera.  And that's what counts.  Right?

Anyway...my goal is to take pretty pictures.  Pictures that make me happy.  And share them with you.  Whoever you are.  More than likely you will see many pictures of things I love about living in Oklahoma.  Or random things I see that catch my eye.  So, enjoy!

And please.  If you have any tips or knowledge you would like to share....SHARE!

-Renee

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!! I wanted to do this, too, with Tony's fancy camera. I haven't found the time yet. Go on with your green self!! And when I finally have the time, you'll have to show me all the tricks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! congratulations on your new blog, renee! i had no idea how much of a passion you've had for photography and now you have the perfect place to share your creative eye. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Negeen! I enjoy it a lot....just need to figure out what I'm doing ;) If I could go back in time, I would convince my mom to let me take that photog class with you in H.S. ;)

    ReplyDelete